Sunday, October 14, 2012

All in a day's rest...

By no means am I an expert in missions in Haiti, but something I learned very quickly is the importance  of pacing yourself.  Learning to rest and let down is very important.  

With that said I want to share my Saturday with you all:
I woke up to Ava kissing me on the cheek telling me how much she loved me.  (How can the day go wrong from there?)  After eating breakfast bagels, Jordan and I watched a movie and played trains.  After lunch TK and I headed to the local soccer field and played futbol with some of the neighborhood kids.
We came back to the house and played some basketball with a few neighbors.  After the basketball game, my friend Alan came over.  I always have a good talk with Alan.  He is the head national policeman in Haiti that gave his life to Christ a few days ago.  He is a regular visitor to our house in Saint Louis.  After dinner we made a few phone calls and headed off to bed.  

The end goal Jesus states is to store up for yourselves treasure in heaven where moth and rust will not destroy.  May our pace in life, reflect these words of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment